The building of old court
The Salt Office had its seat in this building in the second half of 18th century and there belonged to this office also the warehouses (they were situated in a vast area that later in the 19th century was fenced by a high stone wall).
In the second half of 19th century were located here the local administrative offices. However, in the mind of people the object remained as a seat of judicial power with own prison and this is a reason why it is still called as the “old court“.
The building changed its appearance sometime after 1927 when there was annexed a new wing and the facade was also changed. Behind the complex was situated in the past a prison. The prison cells were situated also under the building.
The object got an ill fame in 1919 in relation to the ordained execution of a local man from Michalovce of Jewish parentage.
Súvisiace článkyБудівля банку
Building of Grosz palace
Chapel of St. Antony of Padua
Golden Bull Building
The manor house of Sztaray